During the Struts Action 2 meetup, we discussed the design of an annotation-based validation framework, which in turn led to questions about overriding annotations with XML. Ideally you would reuse the annotation classes directly, but I can't find a way to instantiate them! That's not very unit test friendly. I suppose a framework could modify the class bytecode at load time based on the XML, but that would only allow one set of overrides per Class instance. I guess it's time to submit a JSR...
Friday, May 19, 2006
Hi. My name is Bob.
- JavaOne: Session Concurrency
- JavaOne: Struts Action 2.0
- JavaOne: Spring 2.0
- Code Examples in Javadocs
- Creative Cropping
- Balloon Popping @ Maker Faire '06
- Why do sites provide both RSS and Atom feeds?
- What do you do during your IntelliJ downtime?
- New Windows