H.264 encoding a 40 minute video at 720x480 resolution and medium quality from iMovie on my 1 Ghz PowerBooks is taking close to 30 hours! I have single-pass encoding turned on; it's normally meant for draft and live encodings. Is this normal? How can QuickTime Broadcaster possibly stream this codec live? Am I missing something? I wish Quicktime supported distributed encoding so I could team up with some Mac weilding co-workers and utilize their idle cycles. Maybe I could throw something together. After all this waiting, I hope it turns out okay.
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Hi. My name is Bob.
- MPAA Sues More File Swappers
- Change Your From Address in Gmail
- First Day Home
- Improving Cell Phone Internet Performance
- Dagny Katherine Lee, aka "Bobkat"
- Long Weekend
- No Foo Camp for Me
- Going to Foo Camp (Hopefully)
- How do you pronounce the name Dagny?
- Salted Hash Login Generator Fix